Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Waving the White Flag

I give up. I am surrendering. I'm accepting the fact that I am not going to be healthy again until March. Fine. Great. Wonderful. Bring on the germs! We accept all kinds!

It's only Tuesday and this week has already mopped the floor with me. The only time I got to sit down yesterday was when I was nursing. Dad has to work 57 hours this week to make up for the time he took off last week when he was home having pink eye, so he was at work from 9 am until 10:30pm yesterday. I know. He may have worked a bit longer but some woman called him while she was dissolving...something about the baby refusing to stop crying and go to sleep and millions and millions of things that needed to be done. I dunno, it was kind of hard to make it out, she had lost her grip on reality and probably shouldn't have been operating the telephone. Basket case.

But I am taking a break from the house preparations for hosting Girls Night Out tonight, from the Christmas cards that need to be stuffed, addressed and stamped...Sidenote--check out my cute monsters!


I know!

Anyways, I am walking away from the family newsletter I haven't written in EIGHT freaking months, from the nine million loads of laundry that need to be folded and the remaining nine million that still need to be washed, from the neighbor gifts that need to be assembled...AAAAAAaaaaahhhh! I am taking a break from all of it to share with you something that is guaranteed to make you smile.

My kids watched Fantasia last night. Well part of it...it was bedtime and that movie is two whole hours long...I was looking for something to entertain them while I put Booger Head to bed. The first of many times I put him to bed last night.

They had been looking forward to watching "Magical Mickey" since we picked it up on Saturday...I don't think it was quite what they expected it to be. Here's some of the commentary I overheard...


This is boring. -Stinky

I think we're to the part with the cartoons. -Pinky

Those are weird mushrooms. -Ralph

WWWHHhhaaaaaa! -Booger Head

I think I've heard this song before. Hey Pinky? Do you know this song? -Stinky

Those flowers are weird. -Ralph

LOOK! The part with Mickey! -Pinky

ZZZzzzzzzz... -Ralph
We lost Ralph about 20 minutes in. I had to wake him up for the part with Mickey.

That just distracted me a lot. -Stinky

Hey! We watched this movie at Grandma's house! -Pinky

This is the part where the angels help the girls-slash-horses to get the boys to like them. -Pinky
(Mom totally forgot about the part with the naked horse girls. Nice one Mom. They didn't say anything about it and neither did I. Act cool man...)

Now I'm even more confused about how it was 300 million years ago. -Stinky

That was really sad when all the dinosaurs died. And the one got eated by the that monster. -Pinky


See. I told you. Totally entertaining.

4 comments:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

I always forget about those dang naked horse girls! My kids like Fantasia too. I don't know why...I never did. Sorry to hear life is ganging up on you! Hope it gets better soon!

Sami said...

I don't think I've EVER seen Fantasia all the way through. Stinky's assessment of it, pretty much sums it up..."this is boring". I concur, Stinky!

Em said...

Thank you thank you thank you for your comment on my blog today:)

The Crookston Fam said...

Now I'm even more confused about how it was 300 million years ago. -Stinky

That was by far my favorite quote. ha ha. They were all pretty awesome, though :)