Linking up with RHOK here to list my Top 5 Pet Peeves.
Which means I have to narrow down the list to just five...
1. Phony people. You know the type. My life is sunshine and bubbles; it's perfectly accessorized and manicured. My children are perfect, my husband is perfect, my house is perfect and nothing ever goes wrong for us. Oh come on. Cut us all a break and admit that sometimes it sucks for you too.It has to be exhausting to maintain that facade.
2. Poor grammar. Ugh. There is a difference between your and you're. Or they're, their, and there. There's really no faster way to make yourself sound like an idiot.
3. I hate it when my waiter doesn't bring the food to the table. I'm sure it gets busy and stuff but it's their only job. I hate leaving a tip for someone who didn't do the work. Really gets under my skin.
4. People who let their kids who are old enough to know better throw giant fits in public places. Now I've been there and I know how bad it sucks to have your kid dissolve all over the grocery store or some restaurant, but seriously. Remove them from the situation. Don't just sit there and pretend you can't hear them. My kids know that I expect them to behave when we are out in public and they know that I mean it when I say "one more time and we're out of here." That doesn't mean that they always behave, far from it, they're still kids. But they do know that I am serious. I have finished the grocery shopping while Dad took the unruly parties to the car numerous times. I have left the restaurant to sit in the car with the child who wouldn't stop screaming and sit down and eat. I have had to drag a screaming kid out of the library mid-story time and go home without books. It sucks but it's your job. When you ignore the discipline of your child you turn them into the kid that no one likes. Don't let your kid be THAT kid.
5. You know how when your kid is throwing one of those fits we mentioned above and their legs give out and they all of sudden turn into a boneless blob of screaming child. I hate that. That earns you a one way ticket to Napsville here. Look! You're not only too tired to hold yourself together but you're having trouble holding yourself up as well.
There ya go. Five. In no particular order.
11 comments:
Great list! I used to try and be "that girl".. what a joke! I feel so much better saying I am human.. I make mistakes,my kids are great but not perfect and sometimes live just sucks! So glad we can be real.
While I agree with #4 and #5 I would like to remind you there are exceptions. There are a lot of us out there who have children with autism. They appear "normal" on the outside to you but on the inside they are neurologically different. We can't parent this out of them and don't appreciate the stares and judgement coming from all the witnesses when our children fall apart.
Sorry. Had to say it.
I hate perfect people with perfect lives too. Don't know why they pretend like that.
Great list -I especially agree with phony people!
I totally agree with you on number one. It was basically on my list too.
1. Phony people are the WORST! I hate them too.
2. Poor grammar is a big no-no at my house. I was a teacher before a mommy. I even correct my husband. Is that bad?
3. I heard that some restaurants have a "food runner" and that the waiter has to split tips with that person! Can you believe that's even a real position?
4. Bad children beat me down. It makes me want to step in and help them out. I have, however, stepped in when a student was talking down to his mom. I nailed his butt RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS MOM because she was letting him talk to her like that. Learn to be respectful.
5. AGREE!!!!
Great list! Thank you so much for linking up! =)
Your list has me all worked up LOL!
Phony people just hit a nerve. Can't we all just be real people?!
Well wait, I want real, just not TMI.
Ha!
Thanks for linking w/the RHOK today.
Mrs. Montgomery
#1 makes me wanna puke! For real. Blogland is overflowing in people like this.
#2 is my #1. I feel the same way!
#3 is SO annoying!
#4 and #5 are right up there on my list too! Parents need to be parents. No one said that it would be puppy dogs and rainbows all the time.
Thanks for linking up on The RHOK today!!
JK
(aka Mrs. Edwards)
Great list! I so agree with with the phony people.
Bad grammar makes me crazy as well. My mom was an English teacher after all. =)
Oh, and thanks for linking up with us housewives today on The RHOK.
~Mrs. Albright
I'm your newest follower.
Love the list!! I so agree with number one. I can't stand when people try to make their life look like something it is not!!
Guilty, bad grammar over here. Although, I do know the difference between your and you're and their, there, and they're. At least, I get half a lashing instead of a full one?
Post a Comment