Friday, February 4, 2011

Someone Shoot Me

My kids haven't gone to school since Monday.

Tuesday was great. Dad stayed home. We played, we laughed, we had a grand old time... Sam and I tried to run to the store to get the last of the stuff we needed for our Pink Swap boxes but we chickened out because the roads were pretty bad.

Then they canceled on Wednesday too. Dad went to work, but left late so he didn't get home until late. The kids were up until ten watching Avatar cartoons via netflix because...

They canceled school on Thursday too. At this point it was getting ridiculous. The roads were mostly clear, with only the occasional, and not very big, icy patch. Dad drove to work and back just fine and as soon as he got home Sam and I left as fast as we could. It would be a huge understatement to say we were excited to get away from the children out of the house.

The forecast called for snow, several inches of snow. Which is several inches more than enough to paralyze all of Texas. While we were at the store Dad called to tell me that a neighboring school district had canceled school for the next day. Our good moods evaporated and our steps lost a little spring. I began to wonder if my kids were ever going to go back to school...

Seriously. There's only so much "Yay! All my kids are home for another whole day squishy family togetherness! WOO HOO sharing!" that I can handle in a week. (By the way: You're all a bunch of phonies. Nobody who has given birth likes four snow days in a row.)  My kids are starting to look like this...


He's collapsed from boredom.

Sure enough, when I check my phone from the warmness of my bed this morning school had been canceled. Again. For the forth day in a row. IN TEXAS!!!

I. hate. winter.


This time last week the temps were on their way to a Sunday high of 72.

I have decided to stage an intervention.

Mother nature is clearly bipolar and we can only assume from her latest "episode" that she's gone off her meds. You hold her down and I'll stick her.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I tell ya move back to Utah....

Sami said...

Aren't you excited that we get to take our kids home right after the Valentine parties on Monday???
I am!
Not.