1. The one about how I learned that just because the flour bag says "all purpose" does not mean that the cake will be fine without cake flour. Color wasn't the only thing my red velvet cake had in common with a brick. I blame the grocery store... I fully intended to purchase a box mix.
2. The one about how I feel like I am living at a laundromat. Except it doesn't take quarters to do laundry here, it takes knee high pantyhose... a new one over the vent on the back of the dryer after every other load. BUT the good news is that the dryer is NOT broken, the vent is clogged. Dad will get on the roof with the cleanerouter tool as soon as it gets here... so at least we didn't spend major $$ on new appliances that wouldn't have worked when they got here. That would have been SOOO sad.
3. The one about how Dad came home yesterday with valentine roses and two bottles of nesquick... for me to put in my pepsi. :) Don't knock it till you try it...
4. The one about how the crap wagon has occasional bouts of epilepsy... triggered by going in reverse. The plan has been modified again and again as we scramble to come up with a solution to replace it before we have to donate it.
5. The one about how I apparently hate free time now too because I told the nice lady on the phone that Dad could coach Ralph's soccer team.
6. The one about how we had some friends over for dinner on Sunday and Pinky said she was going to chase their oldest boy around until she kissed him. So we asked her what Sam's son Bubble would think about that? Pinky and Bubble are on again off again. Her response? "Is Bubble coming too? Well then it doesn't matter." Nice.
7. The one about how we went to dinner with some friends on Friday night and waited forty minutes for a table after we parked two restaurants away. And then I got to sit by the birthday boy's Dad, who told me all about single life for the over 60 set in Dallas, about all of the gals he had sent flowers to for Valentine's Day (they all know each other... and they're all trying to one up each other), and about all the ways to eat squirrel and other road kill. I kid you not. It was hilarious. And how the waitress put all of my food in front of Sam first. And how she tried to charge us for other people's food. And how she didn't ever bring Sam a drink. And then they added 18% gratuity automatically... that was not hilarious. At least we had a gift card to cover half of our meal.
8. And the one about how after our perfect date we came home to the smell of burnt popcorn. And the carpet was wet... and then we had to move furniture to vacuum up the above mentioned popcorn before we could go to bed. And how later that evening I found Pinky's adorable white bunny slippers covered in mud.
Our regular, fabulously amazing sitter was busy. Sigh.
9. The one about how my regular, fabulously amazing sitter has to have surgery on BOTH of her feet to remove extra bones. Needless to say she'll be down and out for a while. Sigh.
10. The one about how I went the elementary school for valentine parties yesterday and saw a girl in Stinky's class carrying her valentines around in this bag...
Seriously people.

2 comments:
Candy the epileptic minivan...oh how I'll miss her!
I laughed so hard as I revisited the date night through your eyes. He was one sexy bachelor...that's for sure!
I'll have to tell Bubble about Pinky's comment. That does, however, make me wonder if kissing is a regular occurance for those two. I think Roon may have to have a talk with his son!
Sami, you named my car? You're not supposed to name my car. Once you give it name you start getting attached to it! You don't name things you don't want to keep!
Post a Comment