Evelyn got all nostalgic on us this time around, here goes nothing...
3 Long lost hobbies...
Shopping. I'm way too broke for that to be fun anymore... ahhh to be able to tell that seventeen year old with a full time job who only had to pay a car payment and a cell phone bill and had money to burn to save some of that cash...
Playing with make up. It started when Stinky was a baby. My Great Lash was the first to go... the rest of my eye make up soon followed and by the time Ralph came along I was allergic to almost all make up and forced to leave the house in nothing but loose powder and blush. And anything I buy has to be the fancy hypoallergenic crap. I once went to a Mary Kay thing and reacted to everything they used and then had to dodge the salesgirl for about a year afterwards. Seriously? Weren't you there? I had to scrub my face off in the hostesses bathroom before I could leave.
Driving Around for Fun. I still remember driving around West Kaysville with all the windows down and the roof open with my BFF Stacy Jean singing Savage Garden (played from a tape copy made from a CD no less...) WAY too loud. But back then gas hovered around $1/gallon and it never broke $15 to fill the Civic.
3 Jobs/careers I've had..
I home-schooled through HS and graduated when I was 16. After a disastrous semester at UofU I took a vo-tec class and got to be a Certified Pharmacy Technician. It was a great job. Cushy. Easy. With REALLY good money for a teenage girl. Seriously. I made 20k a year when I was 17. And, the best part, I really loved it.
The semester I went back to school I got a job working for the Disability Resource Center (DRC) on campus. I formatted textbooks that had been scanned in so that they could be printed in braille. It was also pretty easy work and I could do it in the computer lab where Dad worked while I waited for him to be done for the day.
Mom Co. Biological Engineering & Human Resources. Though I'll admit that the Biological Engineering department is suffering from some major downsizing, company leaders are considering cutting the department altogether; The HR side of things is busier than ever with four small people worth of crap to keep track of and take care of.
3 Childhood dreams that came true...
Marrying in the temple. Even at my teenage worst I knew that was something I wanted and I would not compromise.
Marrying a guy who treats me the way my Dad treated my Mom. I know he'd do anything for me, just because I asked him to.
Being a Mom. Deep down it seriously was all I wanted to do. "I just want to meet a nice guy, get married, and have babies." Being here and being Mom and taking care of all the house crap (except the laundry :P ) is really a dream come true. Owning this life, with this guy, these kids, this house... seriously. All I ever wanted.
3 Childhood dreams that didn't come true...
I was one of those preteen girls who wanted to be a Marine Biologist when I grew up. Until I realized I'd need to learn to swim... then that went right out the window.
Med School. I was pre-med when I registered at the U. I wanted to be Addison Montgomery, a maternal-fetal medicine genius. But... babies. I wanna have babies. And I wanna stay home with them. And not pay 200k in student loans while I stay home with my own babies.
I did not, in fact, marry Doug from 1st grade. Even though I kissed him on the playground and promised I would. :)
3 Toys I asked for for Christmas when I was a kid...
This one is tricky. I grew up overseas while my Dad was in the Air Force. We watched base TV, which had no commercials... so no toy ads. I remember flipping through the HUGE Penney's catalog and wanting it all, like all kids do. But I really don't remember anything specific. We didn't really do the shopping list for Santa thing...
I remember asking for a CD player and a spoiler for my car when I was a teenager... my Mom was smart. I still have the quilt made from the stack of material I got instead and it's going to look amazing on the wall in my room as a headboard of sorts over my new bed. We traded the car 5 years ago.
I asked for all the Harry Potter books one year... my sister had a set but I figured she wouldn't let me take hers when I moved out...
3 pictures...
![]() | |||||||
| Totally candid engagement picture. My favorite. |
![]() |
| Stinky, on the day we brought him home from the hospital. |
![]() |
| The cutest dang baby girl there ever was :) |



No comments:
Post a Comment