Fisher Price's Whale of a Tub baby bathtub. I've had a couple of tubs over the years and had one that I had been bathing Booger Head in blissfully unaware of how much it sucked. With this tub the baby is actually, get this, IN the water. Not hovering above it or sitting just far enough in that when they fart in the tub they make bubbles. We're talking waist down submersion here, which makes bathing a much better experience for your poor cold baby. I borrowed my sister's tub when we were in Utah and I loved it so much I came home and shelled out $20 to upgrade our tub. Booger Head loves this tub! It doesn't fit across my kitchen sink, which is sort of a drag, but it's probably for the best because the kid splashes everything in a five foot radius while he bathes in it. It's so adorable. And the little orange cup thingy is great for baby hair washing, which I didn't know until I bought my own because Link made off with it at Grandma's house...he had kind of a hard time with all these loud kids touching his stuff.
These FABULOUS Aden & Anais swaddling blankets. They're light, they're soft and they're easy to swaddle with. Go figure. They are exactly the kind of blanket I would like for myself, warm enough but not heavy. Here on the surface of the sun it's really easy to over bundle a baby and I hate sweat. On anyone. I feel so bad when I get Booger Head out of the carseat after a run to the store and he's all sweaty and...sweaty, it makes me feel bad. They're great for throwing over your shoulder for burping and they make AWESOME, breathable nursing covers. Sweating + nursing = disgusting. Mine were gifted to me and they're the Target line ones. They were a little stiff when I got them and the muslin smelled weird but I washed them twice before using them (they get softer with each washing) and have been nothing but pleased. A little pricey maybe but well worth it.
The Fisher Price Newborn Rock n' Play Sleeper. While upon first, or maybe even second glance, this may seem like one of those first time parent type baby purchases I can testify to you that it is a lifesaver. This is the PERFECT cuddly place to put a small swaddled baby. It is so easy to transfer them from your arms to this chair. I had my doubts initially...it looks kind of neat but it doesn't do anything, as in no vibration, no music...no batteries. It has been one of my favorite baby items of all time. It was also gifted to us for Booger Head and was another thing I really wish I had with all of the monsters. The kid hasn't slept more than two nights in the crib yet...this is his favorite sleeping spot, and he looks so cozy when he's in it. It weighs next to nothing so room to room transport is a breeze and it's super easy to fold up and take with you. The seat is also deep enough that you don't have to worry about your teeny baby wiggling their way out of the seat if you don't bother to buckle your little, swaddled, bundle in--when they get to be bigger and wigglier (like 3 month old Booger Head is now) then buckling is a good idea.
The Bella Band. Holds your freaking pants up when your hips start to be swallowed by your stomach...and your butt. I didn't get one of these until I was pregnant with Ralph and, I kid you not, I wore it until he was two. It doesn't make you thinner, but it controls the post baby belly jiggle. Not to mention that it keeps your tummy covered when you are nursing. I just liked it. A lot. I was excited when I got to wear one again and I'll probably hang on to it just as long this time as I did last time. I bought an off brand one at Target, can't remember what it was now (and I have the nasty habit of picking tags out of or off of my stuff), but it's been pretty good. It seems to get stretched out faster, like jeans do after you wear them for a day, but it's longer than the regular Bellas are and I like that a lot.
This is the greatest. stroller. ever. It is light, folds VERY compactly (carted it to Utah in the back of the van WITH all of our suitcases) and is easy to maneuver around even with the car seat attached. One hand fold down, easy seat incline and recline, it's a breeze to attach and detach the car seat...I just can't say enough. I've owned a lot of strollers and this is my very most favorite. I doubt I'll go back to a wimpy umbrella stroller before Booger Head is too big for a stroller. And it's durable enough to be backed over by a crap wagon and still work. :)
Just a minute ago I would have listed this swing here...I love it, loved it. It gave up the ghost yesterday and Dad tried to fix it just now and it doesn't look good. Booger Head is not going to be happy about this... The reasons I loved this swing were it's quiet operation, the classical music it played that was far less irritating than the bingy crap most baby stuff plays, the sling style seat which enabled us to bundle him in to prevent icy swing toes, and the mobile--which was a self spinning type on our swing. Sad. But I'll tell you this...if I have to buy a new swing, it'll for sure be a new one of these. UPDATE: Ordered a new motor from Graco for a mere $30 and wait with baited breath for it to arrive.
This blanket for sure makes the list...granted this isn't acutally a picture of the blanket. Mine is light green minky fabric that is oooh so fabulously soft. We've clipped it to the car seat (when we had a winter baby to keep covered up), the stroller and its current home, the swing--to make for quick and easy baby tucking in the middle of the night. I probably could have made something like this very easily but I'm lazy and instead I totally over paid for it at the American Baby Faire in Dallas when Ralph was just a few months old. Considering all the use we've gotten out of it in the last three years I'd consider it a worth while investment.
And the last thing that I wish I had had with all of my monsters...Ha, yeah. On second thought maybe not...I can see her hip bones. That's gross. Quick! Someone get that girl a sammich!









1 comment:
hee hee hee! Love it. I have that same swing! I'm getting rid of mine right now, if I'd known, I would have torn out the motor and sent it to you, you would have gotten it much sooner than Graco is sending theirs! :D
Post a Comment