I'm having trouble putting together an entry that sums up our vacation without it getting too lengthy...neither one of us have time for a novel right? So instead here's the top ten best and worst vacation moments...in no particular order.
BEST
1. Getting there and FINALLY getting out of the car.
2. Seeing some old friends.
3. Seeing Dad's Grandpa, who we haven't see in about nine years and with whom Booger Head shares a name.
4. The Dinosaur Park with Dad's family, even though Pinky spent most of the time pouting because she wanted to play at the play ground. "I didn't drive all the way out here to look at all this stupid stuff! I want to play at the park!"
5. The king sized bed.
6. Going to the Aquarium with all of my family. And dinner there...it was funny.
7. Seeing Uncool Brandon and his girlie Maren. She's great. We love her. And Brandon is just has hilarious as I remember him being.
8. Taking my sister's boy to get his pictures taken. He's a funny kid.
9. Booger Head's baby blessing. Dad did a great job and it was so nice to see everybody.
10. Asking Dad on the way home if he remembered if we had any butter in the fridge and having him reply, "Butter? Just the other day I couldn't even remember what the fixtures looked like and you want to know if I know if we have any butter? I am pretty sure the kitchen appliances are black. Does that help?"
WORST
1. Getting a full 12 hours from home before realizing that we forgot Dad's garment bag, which contained more than half of the shirts he was planning to wear on this trip and his suit, which he needed for Booger Head's blessing. (Not the first time we have done that.) "It's like a wardrobe malfunction. I forgot my wardrobe." Cost of overnighting a wardrobe to a forgetful Dad=$60.
2. Having to get back in the car to go home. Ugh.
3. Doing four full days worth of nursing in the car. Double ugh.
4. Forgetting to take any pictures of the kids when we got together with old friends and then learning of the loss of their sweet baby boy eight days later.
5. Admitting to myself that Dad was right about my queen sized bed seeming really, really small now.
6. Not getting a chance to take a bath in Grandma's soaker tub. Bummer man...
7. The sucky mattress and shower at the Holiday Inn in Albuquerque.
8. Getting out of the car in Vernon, TX. It's a dive and I would advise against it.
9. Booger Head finally getting tired of the carseat after days and days of sitting in it. Oh the whining...
10. Realizing half way through the trip that we also forgot the battery charger for our stoooopid camera. At least it had the decency to wait until the day after the baby blessing to die. I only have to charge the freaking this every two months or so...it just figures that it would crap out when we were a bazillion miles away from the charger doesn't it?


No comments:
Post a Comment