Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Where Do You Blog?

For now...either here

amid a usually growing pile of papers my children would be mad if they knew I threw away the other day. Where the mouse has started to rub the picture of wood off of the particle board and the usable surface isn't big enough to really be usable.

Or sometimes I get to sit here. I can't sit there today because that would mean moving the laundry which would mean acknowledging the laundry and we aren't speaking right now.

I have grand plans for the first of those two spaces, the second needs paint and some curtains...and a large ottoman covered in the cow print microfiber from Hobby Lobby. It's all on the list...we're baby stepping our way there. Just getting the new furniture took us nine years.

But yeah, the first space...oh I have plans...

In my head I see an L shaped desk with shelves that reach up the wall by the window. The L is large enough that both the desktop and the lappy can sit there and be used comfortably. I'd really love to find a great old door to use as a face for it, so you can't see all the wires and crap when you walk in the front door. Something stained a chocolaty walnut color with antiqued nickel hardware. I see the whole thing in my head...whether or not it'll come to fruition is another thing. Like I said...nine years to new furniture.

Where do you blog?

1 comment:

Sami said...

I had no idea you had such grand plans for the "office" area! I DID know about the ottoman covered in cow fabric, though!
Look at you all linking up to stuff...I'm not worthy!