Be prepared to be jealous.
A hair more than two weeks ago I got an awesome box in the mail from a fabulous and talented friend who moved to Germany about a year ago. See? I told you you'd be jealous. My Dad was stationed in Germany when I was a kid, we lived there for four years, and I was so excited to see what she had tucked into this box. I've waited to write it up because it took me a while to get through all these treats...
Oh yeah. Real. German. Chocolate. On the top left we have Kinder Eggs. I remember having these when I was a kid. They've come along way... keep reading.
Next to those are some of those fabulous little Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Wanna hear a fun blonde moment? I've always thought, when eating them, that the filling tastes a lot like Nutella. Yeah. Just last week when I was making Ralph a sandwich I noticed that on the jar of Nutella is says...wait for it...Ferrero Rocher. Ha. That explains a lot. I'll bet that jar has said that my whole life and I just NOW make the connection...nice blondie. Real nice. The filling tastes like Nutella because IT IS NUTELLA!
The candy bars are both amazing. The one in the gold wrapper is a seasonal treat...it tasted sort of like it was filled with pumpkin pie. So good.
The kids LOVED all the different cookies. I restrained myself enough to make sure they got to try each one of them. Mmmmm...
And then we have the gummies. I know you can get Haribo gummy bears in the states but they are NOT the same. Trust me. These were soooo good. I ate most of them myself, the Raspberry ones are the best. And the gummy frogs made me laugh because when I was in Jr. High my Mom would give me lunch money and then my Dad would take me to school on his way to work. And I would bum more money off of him and then I would have gummy frogs and Diet Coke for lunch. I know. Soda and candy at school...in vending machines no less! Those were the days...
Along with the treats came a couple other goodies...
I seriously can't wait for him to wear those shorts. Oh my gosh I love them!
So pretty. Love, love, love them. And they came in a cute little jeweled box that Pinky immediately claimed for her own.
I am so excited to put this little guy on my tree. My Mom has a several nutcrackers from Germany... I am jumping up and down at this point. I had to make myself stop to take a picture.
Now remember the Kinder Eggs we talked about a minute ago? It's a chocolate, egg shaped shell that has white chocolate on the inside and milk chocolate on the outside. And inside?
Nowadays once you've cracked the shell you'll find one of these little, plastic, yellow capsules. When I was a kid they had gummy dinosaurs in them. I was totally intrigued... Open up the little capsules and you'll find fabulous prizes like...
The pieces to make a small sail boat. With sails. That floats! Or...
Pieces to make a REALLY cool spinning top. It has plastic blade type things with stripes that make all kinds of neat designs when it spins around.
But it gets better...most of them had cute little toys or figurines in them. But not Pinky's. Hers had a small USB drive with a game on it. I know! Like I said, when I was a kid it was gummy dinosaurs.
It's all in German...which has slowed us down a bit on figuring out what to do with it but I've got a friend up the street who speaks German, we're totally going to have to have her come over and translate for us.
Thanks Marnie! You are truly the best. No kidding if there is any part of Texas that I can mail to you you had better let me know :)
Wanna be even more jealous? This was my second box of international goodies this year! We got another awesome box earlier in the year from a friend who was stationed in Okinawa. Unfortunately I hadn't yet heard of "Good Mail" and I lacked the foresight to take a bunch of pictures before all the treats were gone. But it was good. Trust me.
4 comments:
That's so cool! I miss Marnie. I still have a few of the treats she sent me last year whenI won the contest on her blog. I'm kinda surprised I do, because it was all mighty tasty!
awesome....I am so jealous!
We met a lady from Turkey recently, and every time she would come over, she'd bring treats.....wait for it.....from Germany! I got to try the Kinder Eggs, and some other extremely yummy chocolate bars. I love the idea of good mail! :D
So fun to see this post today! I'm glad that you enjoyed the box. Wanna hear the best part? Apparently, it is illegal to send Kinder Eggs to the states...something about a law suit several years ago and a small child choking...anyways, so I totally broke about a million custom laws this this little package. :) We miss you guys too!
Post a Comment