Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Tens

Time again to wrap up another week of half #$% blogging with the top and bottom ten...

tops
1. Halloween is over and we survived. On to the less stupid holidays.
2. We had an assortment of awesome costumes this year...

There was the Quarterback...
Wait for it...

Bwa haha ha ha, right? Stinky needed no explanation after he saw this costume idea on the interwebs somewhere. He just chuckled and said, "That's awesome." And his mind was made up.

We had our Bad Kitty, from the book Bad Kitty.
She was a little annoyed with me when I picked the white patch off of the front of that shirt...apparently she did in fact plan on wearing it like that forever.

Ralph didn't really get much say in his costume this year. Grandma made these chaps and this shirt when Dad was a little boy...Awwww...Stinky wore them when he was this age and now it's Ralph's turn. We talked him into being a cowboy by buying him a new hat.

Booger Head lucked out and got two costumes this year, because his parents were feeling terribly clever...for the church party-trunk or treat thing he was Jack. In a box. Ha ha.

And when we went trick or treating he wore the lion costume that Stinky wore when he was a baby...awww again...look at us making Halloween all sentimental. Plus Dad's arms were not up to carrying him around in that box all night again.

Okay back to the list...
3. Stinky's eye is better. As far as I know. He goes back in on the 17th...but the days of hourly eye drops and constant eye pain are over.
4. Dad and I got to go on a date. A date where we did NOT get on the freeway that was stopped both directions due to a flaming semi truck on the bridge. Over the lake. We looked at the same cars on the freeway the whole time we were having dinner...people were getting out of their cars and walking down to McDonald's. Seriously.
5. I finally talked Dad into going to the doctor to have his hand x-rayed, the same day that I paid off my gallbladder removal of 2008. YAY! No more medical bills!
6. NO BASEBALL!
7. I cleaned the kids' bathroom. Like on the floor on my hands and knees scrubbing clean.
8. Dad FINALLY fixed some of the crap that doesn't work like it used to since the fancy schmacy upgrades we made to the desktop. "Yay! It's lightning fast to not do what it used to do!" Wives of computer nerds, sympathize with me...
9. I got some down time this week since my kids and Sam's kids were all too cootie ridden to let us go to the school or the library. I only "did" my hair once this week. On date night. The other days I was curly and I didn't care.
10. The big kids and I all got flu shots! No flu at our house this year...unlike last year when we all had the swine flu LITERALLY four days after I found out I was pregnant. And my OB's office told me, no joke, "Well don't come here."

And this weeks bottoms
1. Holy sick baby Batman! The kid is so. freaking. ornery. Sick and teething should not be allowed at the same time.
2. And seriously, again I say, teething at under six months? Not fair.
3. Dad's hand is broken. Broken, not straight and the bone has rotated. He's seeing a hand specialist on Monday. Great. That should be cheap. Maybe we should start taking bets...Cast up to his elbow or hand surgery?


4. I saw a super cute idea for an advent calendar made out of Christmas baby socks and thought, "Super cute! Baby socks are cheap! I am totally making one of those!" Yeah. Not so. Cute, holiday baby socks...NOT cheap. Still brainstorming...
5. The bickering. Oh, the bickering. Was it a full moon or something because oh my Ho. Ly. Crap...
6. I went trick or treating with Dad and the kids...I wanted to push Booger Head around in the stroller all dressed up like a lion...and we missed all but six of the kids who came and knocked on our door...and I had not one, but two, buckets of candy to hand out. I panicked and dumped the last quarter of the first bucket in some kids' bag at about 8:15. And that was our last trick or treater. So we still have an entire bucket of candy left. Ugh.
7. Booger Head is nearly six months old and it's time, well past time really, to move the crib out of my room. I REALLY don't want to put him in the room with the boys. I hate that room. It's always a mess. It's occupants refuse to shut up and go to sleep at bedtime...I just don't want him in there. So my other option is Pinky's room. Which is pink. And Booger Head is a baby of the blue variety...I'm getting over it. It really is the best option right now.
8. Booger Head has outgrown his 3-6 month clothes and I went through them and then hauled two garbage bags full of baby clothes he had outgrown that I will never use again to a friend to give to some gals she knows. It was sad. Dang baby.
9. He has also out grown the infant carrier. The next couple of months worth of grocery shopping are going to suck since he is not anywhere close to sitting up yet and I refuse to use those nasty booger covered baby seat shopping carts. I told him to quit growing. Months ago. But no one ever listens to me.
10. The weekend is almost over...and then we start all over again.

3 comments:

Sami said...

I feel your pain, Baub! I just boxed up a big box of baby girl clothes to send to my brother and SIL. Made me very sad to see all those cute little pink things I'll never use again. Of course, then Boo pees on the carpet or poos in her underpants, and I'm reminded why I'm happy to be done having babies...

Unknown said...

I didn't have this much trouble mailing all of the pink stuff to my SIL...perhaps because it hadn't seen the light of day in five years. The boy stuff I JUST go rid of was stuff I was still squeezing him into, but I have so much that I have to move on or he'll never wear it all. I did keep a few favorties. We listed the carseat in the e-trader. :(

rylissite said...

let me know if you need more clothes! My booger head has officially hit the land of 12-18 month clothing! I'd be happy to send anything on, since he only wears the stuff for a month or two before it's too small!