Monday, January 10, 2011

Half and Half

Let's start with the bottom, just to get it out of the way. And let's split the ten...because I am too tired to come up with twenty.

1. I've been sick the entire year. All ten days of it.


This guy and all his fat, slimy friends and family have taken up residence in my sinuses and since I am still nursing Booger Head I can't take any medicine that will actually do anything about my congestedness. Dad is probably getting tired of listening to me whine about how I'm dying a slow, boogery death.

2. I had good intentions to post on Friday but Dad ended up staying home from work and trying not to throw up (we're thinking it was food poisoning and I'm counting my lucky stars that I turned down the offer of fast food on Thursday night. Sorry honey) and, as any stay at home mom knows, when Dad unexpectedly stays home productivity plummets.

3. After we had the kids in bed on Friday night we decided to try and netflix a movie with the wii, which is SO cool when it works. Except it didn't. Because our five year old combination modem and wireless router decided that would be a good time to give up the ghost.

I was surprised how discombobulated we both became with out easy web access. I don't think that either of us set my phone, which is web enabled, down the whole time. I'd ask him if he knew where it was and he would reluctantly hand it over. And then I would hold on to it like it was a my own little life line. It was pretty funny. Dad was so frazzled by the then uselessness of the computer that he played Oregon Trail. You remember Oregon Trail right? Remember how the max number of people is five per wagon? Yeah. Dad didn't listen to me when I said "Just leave me. I'll probably die anyways. Either I'll contract something horrible or some one will get tired of listening to me whine and decide to shoot me." But I had to go on the Oregon Trail. And so did the three older kids. That's right. He left the baby.

4. We now have 9 o' clock church. I hate 9 o' clock church. I am not a morning person and neither is Dad and we suck at getting up and getting going in the morning. Add the head cold that wouldn't end and the nursing baby to the mix and it's really no surprise that we were late yesterday. Which was ward conference and Dad was supposed to sing in the choir. Nice.

5. I may have had a little meltdown yesterday morning while getting ready for church. I've gotten to the part of post babyness where all the baby weight that is going to come off easily has and now I'm actually going to have to work to lose the rest. Sucks royally. I may have bawled about it and the fact that I am SO tired of wearing the same skirts over and over again with the same three black shirts that I don't feel fat in. It was the kind of affair that makes me wonder if I should perhaps be medicated. Ugh. Sorry honey. I'm really tired. Because I can't sleep. Because I'm sick.

And now the good...

1. On Saturday I got an awesome box of goodies from my best bloggy friend Mary. She gets me...


That box may or may not be empty already. I may have reduced it to nothing more than a prop in a matter of minutes.  And the White Chocolate cocoa? Tastes like marshmallows. It's amazing stuff. Mmmmmm.

Hahaha. Sorry. Inside Joke. Cleaning supplies make the best gifts... Hahahaha.


See what I mean? She gets me.

2. The return of 9 o' clock church also means the return of lunch. And Sunday naps. Oh how I've missed lunch. And if you know me you know that I am always up for a nap.

3. Booger Head is *this* close to sitting up on his own. Which if you have children you know could be considered a bad thing (it's all downhill from here). But he'll be nine months old next month and if he isn't sitting up by then I'll feel like a bad mother when I take him to the pediatrician. So yay. I guess.

4. I have gotten enough Mario Kart practice that I can occasionally beat the kids now. Like coming in first place. Dad and I may be sort of addicted and may have, in the last week, stayed up well past our usual late bedtime playing Mario Kart.

5. I get to go out to dinner with some awesome girls tomorrow and have the best Mexican food in the entire world. And that is high praise coming from me. Because I don't usually like Mexican food. I've been having dreams about cheese enchiladas with sour cream sauce and their queso and fresh tortillas for days...

1 comment:

Mary said...

mmmm Marshmallows! awesome! I will have to stock up for you and send you more of it! Glad you liked your sponge, it's purple even..awesome I know! The moment I saw that card I knew it was for you...