that I ate at McDonald's twice this week and it took all of my self control not to go again last night.
that I lied to my pediatrician... shut up. You've done it too. I may have "adjusted" the facts just a little bit about how many vegetables my kids eat (we're more into fruit around here) and how much TV they watch (my school kids don't watch much, it stays off till all homework and reading is done... Ralph on the other hand... he lives for PBS). And I left out the parts about how I don't always nag them into putting on their helmets when they are pedaling around the cul de sac... or make them wear seat belts when I am driving the three blocks to Sam's house. I know. I'm a terrible mother. Maybe you should take them... or maybe when I take Booger Head in next month and he's still not sitting up on his own (at nine months) my doctor will take them away from me for you. He doesn't want to sit still... he wants to roll around and vacuum the living room and drive his mother crazy getting into stuff.
that I am dreading tomorrow. Dad is involved with the Cub Scouts and will be playing Pinewood Derby pretty much all day tomorrow. Which means I get to go grocery shopping. Alone. With either most or all of the monsters. I hope that surviving the store alone in the morning doesn't make me a cranky date that evening.
that I almost cried tears of joy when I got a text from Sam while I was the school on Thursday. "Did you notice that Booger Head has a top tooth?!" Nope. I hadn't checked his mouth yet that morning. Hallelujah! Maybe we can't quit being such a Whiny McScreaming-Cranky Pants now... maybe.
Now it's your turn... go on. You know you want to.

6 comments:
Aubrey you are too funny! We all do those things and those that don't admit it...lie :) haha
Me at the OB/GYN~
Dr. "So, are you drinking a lot of caffeine?"
Me "Um, no. Not a lot."
Sha. Right. Like I'm going to tell and give her a chance to take it away from me with things like dire warnings and such.
Excuse me while I go pour another Dr. Pepper. This one is down to the dregs.
(fyi~word verification is "refibr"~as in Re-Fibber! Ha!)
Does ANY kid actually eat as many vegetables as they're supposed to?? I doubt it. You're in good company!
You're little baby is so cute, even if he is a Whiny McScreaming-Cranky Pants!
Oh and I hear ya on the McDonald's. I ate their Thursday with the family. What they don't know is that I drop in throughout the week for the occasional cheeseburger. No harm no foul,right? Just smile and nod please :)
i love that you and Sam are so close...i love her! i love reading about your friendship with her on your blog!
have i ever told you that i have never, not in my whole life, eaten McD's. yep, never. the smell has always triggered my gag reflex. there are even times i cannot make it through a WalMart if there is a McD's there.
Awe, poor baby! Teething is NO fun for ANYBODY!
LOVE that pic! What a little cutie!
I'm almost finished with your swap package! YAY!
Hope you're having a good Monday!♥
Post a Comment