I recently came across a list ideas of how to entertain your toddler on a road trip. The author claimed there were 101 activities on her list, the list went from 1 to 10. She was planning for a 5 hour drive. Wow. I hope she makes it. Her list included blowing bubbles in the car. I kid you not... anyhoo...
Being that we live approximately 1,300 miles (no joke) from our families and we have approximately 4 too many children to be able to afford to fly to Grandma's house we're familiar with road trips. It takes a hair more than 22 driving hours, not counting stops, and one night in Albuquerque to get us to Utah. Dad and I started joking about our own list...
So, without further adieu... here's our list of 151, thoroughly tested, things to do with your children on a road trip:
1. Watch a movie, but not until we've past the airport. Until we pass the airport it's not really traveling.
2. Read a book. You remember books right?
3. Listen to your mp3 player.
4. Look out the window. Farm country is beautiful.
5. Keep your hands to yourself.
6. Watch another movie.
7. Quit bickering or I will pick the movie for you.
8. Eat your snacks. DO NOT shove your uneaten snacks between the wall and your seat. Ahem, Pinky!
9. Shut up and watch the movie or something.
10. Group screaming session.
11. Take a freaking nap. You're going to be in here for 2 whole days... napping will make it go faster.
12. Try not to make Mom climb over the seat to sit between you two. No one will be happy about that.
13. Fold your arms and look out your own window. Do not touch, look at, or breathe on the person next to you.
14. Holy crap! It's dark out, go to sleep. We won't be there for at least three hours. Sleep. NOW.
15. Group crying session.
You're welcome and enjoy your trip.
4 comments:
This is PERFECT! However, you forgot the "Holy Crap we just stopped for the bathroom and you'll just have to wait!" ;)
You are seriously funny Aubrey!
I wondered if she only did 1 to 10 because 10 is where she sedated the kids or turned around and went back home. Ha.
When we would drive from PHX to Pocatello ID (16 hours) we would usually have a group screaming session around central Utah. "It's ok kids. Scream. In fact, Mommy's going to join you."
Now that we are done road tripping for a few months I thought I'd re-read this list and check off all the ones we said-
1, check. 2, check. 3, check. 4, check. 5, check. 6, check. 7, double-check. 8, check. 9, check. 10, holy-freaking-check. 11, check. 12, check. 13, I don't remember this being said. 14, check. 15, check.
You are a genius! These tips got us all the way there and back!
Post a Comment