Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Change of Perspective

I remember Monday. I remember thinking that Monday sucked and complaining about all the crap that went down on Monday morning...and now all I can think is that I am so lucky. I am just so lucky and so blessed.

Just yesterday I learned that on Monday, August 9th, a good friend of mine lost her beautiful, 4 month old, baby boy. My heart is positively broken for her and her family. I can't begin to imagine how painful this loss must be for them all. For her four other young children and their broken young hearts. For her oldest. A boy of only seven, who after three little sisters had finally gotten the baby brother he always wanted.

I cried as I rocked my baby to sleep last night just thinking about how empty my arms would feel without his weight in them. For all the frustrations and all the crap that my kids may dole out on any given day I am so very grateful to have the chance to be their Mommy.


 Beautiful Baby Beckett
April 7-August 9, 2010

1 comment:

rylissite said...

I read about this, and my heart is broken for them too. All I could do is look at my own sweet baby boy, and be so grateful that I have him. I hope that they are doing okay.