It's finally over. The week I had been looking forward too all summer. It came. It flew by. And it totally kicked my butt. Here are the top ten memorable moments of the week...
1. Pinky reporting to us that all the boys in her class think that she's the cutest girl and her teacher thinks she's the smartest. Ummm...yeah. She's got some good self esteem there.
2. Stinky's new teacher letting him borrow a copy of the second Diary Of A Wimpy kid book. I kid you not he read WHILE walking down the street on the way home. I had to tell him to put the book away to keep him from running into another mailbox.
3. An afternoon out with a fabulous friend. It's been too long since I got out of the house. I also learned that I find McDonald's much more tolerable when I only have to pay to feed one child there. I kid you not I haven't gone anywhere with all the kids by myself YET. My cowardice kept me home all summer long. There were just too many of them and I was just too afraid. And it was hot. And I was tired.
4. Watching Ralph run to give the big kids a hug when we picked them up. It was almost enough to make the "Meanest Mom in the whole Universe!" cry. (Title generously bestowed on me by Ralph himself. Why settle for just this planet, right? Reach for the stars!)
5. Ralph finding an empty K2 wrapper in the bushes where we waited for the kids. Less than a block from the elementary school doors. Yeah. So not cool. Come on guys. This place is like Mayberry! After reading about all the local places that were working on legislation to make it illegal I opted to call and leave a message at the Police Department. I shall now refer to the local latch key kids as the local synthetic potheads.
6. Wishing I had a camera to capture the image of my three monsters walking, in front of me and the stroller, down the sidewalk. Ralph in the middle looking up at the two big kids while they told him about their day at school. That image will be forever burned in my brain...it was one of those moments when everything slows down and life is perfect.
7. Dad forgetting that he was supposed to come home a bit early on Monday to meet the monsters at the school to walk home with them, just to make sure we all knew where we are going; thus forcing me to frantically stuff Booger Head into the stroller and run, literally, dragging the stroller and carrying all 28.5lbs of Ralph on my hip while racing to the school in my favorite flip flops to pick up my children so they wouldn't think their parents had forgotten them. Let me tell ya, flip flops were not meant for sprinting. Grandpa used to forget to pick me up from school...it must be a guy thing.
8. Getting up each morning, like a good Mom would, and packing my kids each a homemade lunch, doing Pinky's hair and being all awake when they left for school. And then having Pinky inform me that she threw away the _________ I put in her lunch today because she didn't want it. Nice. Starving kids in Africa Pinky...starving kids.
9. The return of "it's a school night" seven-thirty bedtime. And there was much rejoicing! Oh how I love bedtime and not having to wait until nine for it makes me love it even more.
10. Now before I tell you the last item that makes my list I should remind you that I have OCD...so don't judge me. It's...the paperwork. I know. It's a sickness. I just love it when it's all filled out all neatly, with all the info in all the boxes...it makes me happy to have it there all ready to return the very next day. And the fact that there are now two sets, and they are both filled out neatly and the info is all there and most of it matches...ahhh. Happiness. Shut up. I never said I wasn't crazy. And if you think I'm bad you should meet my Grandmother. She owns the patent on crazy.

1 comment:
I must admit that while I hate actually filling out the paperwork...with my phone number on the same form about 13 times, my heart fills with joy also when I can put it completed in their binders to return to school the next day.
Maybe your weirdness is starting to rub off on me, like my thing about buying multiples has rubbed of on you...
Post a Comment