I realize that you are a huge, multi-million dollar corporation and that the problems of one exhausted housewife don't rank very high on your list of
I've owned more than several of your products over the years and the four babies and never had any problems with any of them until about a week ago when my Lovin' Hug Swing motor died. Both my teeny monster and myself were devastated. How were we ever going to sleep again? We tried a couple different fixes for the problem, including a friend's swing, and nothing came close to the swinging wonderfulness we had experienced with our Graco swing. After finally locating the model and serial numbers, which were stuck to the bottom of the tray by the way--a really stupid place to put them, we ordered a new motor assembly from your website. And there was much rejoicing. We were led to believe that 3-10 business days from then we would be swinging once more. But this was not the case...
I waited, and waited, and waited some more but three days went by and I hadn't received an email stating that the much needed part was in the mail. Have you ever tried to use a swing that was missing it's motor arm? It's not easy. My three year old got desperate enough for an end to the whining and brought his tools to the living room to see if maybe he could fix it, but no amount of plastic hammering or sawing could make the swing go without it's motor arm. And so I called...and I spoke with a
I explained my situation and she pulled up my order. I was then informed that the part I had ordered had, sometime between when I ordered it and when I called, gone on back-order. Yes I know. I got your email. What? You didn't send me an email to let me know that I was never going to get to sleep again? Ahhh. I see. Your
Serendipitously the very part I had been waiting for had just become available again that very morning. Now here's where another company, let's say Fisher Price-just for fun, would have demonstrated the correct method of customer handling in this situation. "We just got them in this morning. I'll get one out to you today and you should be receiving it in the next day or two." Instead your
At any rate I feel that I should remind you that your customer base consists largely of parents, who are tired and need SOMEBODY to give a crap about how just tired they are, apologize at least once for the fact that YOUR product is responsible for their lack of sleep and to at least attempt to convey a sense of empathy when you are called on to rectify the situation. I would also like to inform you that if the swing motor at the heart of this matter is not in my possession this time next week that I will be very unhappy and very tired and cannot guarantee that I will not do something rash...say replace the whole @#$% swing. With one made by another company...let's say Fisher Price. Just for fun.
Sincerely,
Mom
(and Booger Head)
2 comments:
I gotta say, that I think it's HILARIOUS that you call Pinky and Ralph by the same aliases that I have used for them on my blog!
I have read all your posts, was entertained, so I am now your first follower.
Welcome to the fun! Or...
Congratulations! You've lost your mind!
GREAT letter...for real!
i sent you a note as per your inquiry. please fill out the Mamarazzi Swaparazzi form found in the "Contact Me" tab on my blog...it's just below the form you used to send me a note.
Once i have the form i will send you an email with further instructions and we are good to go!
Post a Comment