Friday, April 1, 2011

The Only Reason I Do This Anymore

Photobucket

 I confess that...

I've been neglecting a lot of things lately, not just this blog. Pinky had to borrow a pair of socks from Ralph today. In my defense, I wash all the socks that get put in the dirty clothes. The ones on the floor are not my problem.

I acutally got the exercise ball out on Monday. And then I spent the rest of the week being too sore to move. I vowed to never exercise again.

this morning was the first morning since then that I could get out of bed without wimpering in pain.

Sam laughed at me when we went out on Tuesday and I was too sore to punch her.

today was the first day all week that I didn't have anything I had to do that required me to be leaving the house by 9am. Did I get the miserable exercise ball out again? Not just no. And now it'll have to wait till Monday. Cause we all know you can't start something like that up again until Monday, right?

that I am pretty sure that when the dentist pulled my wisdom tooth last week he pulled a bunch of wisdom out with it. I have forgotten SO many things this week... I forgot to send a note to Pinky's teacher to tell her I wouldn't be in on Tuesday so she had half of her stuff done when I got there on Thursday. I forgot all about Pinky's GT homework and folder which should have been sent back to school on Wednesday, along with Stinky's library books... which were also forgotten. I also forgot to send Stinky's "site in a bag" for Challenge Lab the next day. And then this morning I remembered that I had given up on getting him to do his spelling homework earlier in the week (Shut up. You weren't there, it was a long day.) and he had to race through two assignments in about 10 minutes this morning. Next time he'll be doing it when he's told. Period.

after forgetting all of that crap I signed up for an account with Cozi. It is so awesome. I got all my crap entered in and set it up to send me a text the day before GT to remind me about homework, and Wednesday and Friday mornings to remind me about school library books. Stinky doesn't usually have homework for Challenge Lab but when he does I can set it to remind me the day before then too. And I now have a little widget on my desktop that gives me a list of things that are happening in the next few days. Love love love...

that I almost cried when the kids tromped a bunch of wet grass and mud into my new car after soccer on Tuesday night. Note to self: when it's raining it's not worth it, just stay home and send Dad with the player in question.

I made Dad vacuum and it all out the next day. Whew. Sparkly and good as new.

I hate this thing. Mine is gray and I didn't pay quite that much for it but still, I hate it. At the beginning of the soccer season we got the memo that soccer people aren't like baseball people and they play in the rain. So we started shopping for a rain cover for the stroller and I wanted something less greenhouse like than the traditional plastic cover. I hate the way those PVC ones smell and fog up when the kid is in them. I thought this would breathe better and it does. Perhaps because it's only sort of hooked to the stroller in question. And on the front where the window part meets the fabric part, the plastic goes under the fabric and there are little vents... facing down INTO the stroller. So little rain drops run down the plastic window and drip all over the baby's feet and blankets which ticks him off REALLY bad and he ends up sitting on Mom's lap and screaming through the entire game. I was ticked off enough to go write a review. I never do that.

Dad had to pull Ralph aside at the soccer game in question after he scored a goal and turned around to rub it in the face of the little girl from the other team. No trash talk Ralph. They seriously dominated them, it was sort of sad. One kid on our team got six goals himself, and he kept turning around and asking "Like that?" after each one. It was hilarious.

I've reached the end of my tolerance for Booger Head and his six little razor sharp teeth and I've started weaning him. And since he's six weeks from one year old I'm weaning him straight to milk (no I don't want your opinion). But not straight milk... he sucks it right down if I put some Nesquick in it (I don't want your opinion on that either). I'm pretty sure that Pinky only drank "pink milk" for the first year she was on milk and she's not dead yet.

I am SOOOO excited to get to go to dinner without Booger Head tonight! Since he's weaning I can totally leave him and his sippy cup with the other kids and truly enjoy babysitting swapping. Dad and I can enjoy a nice meal without having to take turns eating the things that you have to use two pieces of silverware for while the other one of us holds the whiny dang baby. Whahahaha!

I kind of wish that Pinky's name had two or three syllables so that when she gets to be a teenager I could sing a few lines from the snarky song from Tangled at her... "Pinky knows best, Pinky's so mature now. Such a clever grown-up Miss..." Hahaha. Her real moniker only has one syllable. Dang it... Everytime I hear it can't help but picture a dozen different Moms and a dozen different know-it-all teenagers and it totally cracks me up. And I've heard it a lot lately... because that's how my kids watch movies. Over and over and over and over... I'm pretty sure Kronk's New Groove is still hidden where ever I put it when I just couldn't take it anymore.

And now I must go primp and prepare for my first real date in ten and a half months.

2 comments:

rylissite said...

I weaned Davin from formula straight to milk about the same time, so my opinion on that, is do what you must, it won't kill him! :)

Sami said...

You're weaning your baby straight to milk, and he's not 1 yet?! I have half a mind to write you a letter...:)