After dropping my kids off at school this morning, a pleasure usually reserved for my husband on his way to work (I did it today so he could have breakfast this morning), I came home and vented about the frustrations that power doors cause in the drop off lane. That got me thinking and so I typed...
I just had a thought that could maybe make life a little easier in the drop off lane... we recently got a new van and it has power rear doors, not something we've ever had before. When I stop to drop my kids off they pull on the handle, I push the button, and the staff member outside the door pulls on the handle and it's almost more than the poor car can take. The door freezes about two inches open and there's a lot of beeping and we have to close the door and start over. This morning it happened three times. Last year the staff member outside the car actually pulled the handle hard enough trying to get the power door open on my friend's car that she broke the door handle off completely. If that had happened to me I can guarantee you that I would not have been the one paying to fix it... I just wanted to suggest that when a kid gets dropped off in a mini van you guys wait to see if they need help with the door, even a kindergartner can open a power door from the inside, before helping. Thus avoiding confusing the heck out of the door and causing drop off to take a lot longer than it needs to.
Thanks!
Mom (Your friendly, psycho, neighborhood control freak.)
Changing the world. One drop off lane at a time.
1 comment:
It needed to be said. I don't know how many times I've had to tell my parents to just leave the dang door alone.
And Hey! Why doesn't our school have curb side service??
Post a Comment