Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Can I Still Blame the New Baby for My Laziness?

Okay. So I suck. Where the heck have I been? Let's see...


Pinky signed up for T-ball this year instead of taking another year of ballet, this would have been her third year. Of course she didn't decide she didn't want to take ballet until after her mother had ordered her a new leotard and a new pair of shoes. Grrrr. Her T-Ball team was without a coach and they were going to have to cancel the season but Dad stepped in to save the day at the last minute. Because between his full time job, his three different part time computery jobs and being the Cub Master for our local pack he has waaaay too much leisure time on his hands. So he and I have been spending a lot of time learning more than I ever wanted to know about T-ball and T-balls and uniforms and league rules...all for an 8 week season. Yeah. She's been a total diva about the whole thing and embarrassed Dad so badly at the first practice that we had to have a performance discussion with her when they got home.


It's been especially fun since Stinky is also playing his first season of coach pitch. His team had a coach for a minute but he pulled his kid from the team and backed out at the last minute...now the president of the local baseball association is coaching his team. So every week we have at least two practices and two games, which may or may not be at the same time and at the same ball fields. And we have one car. And one Ralph. And one nursing baby. And one Mom who hates being outside in the Texas sun. It's been so much fun. I may cry when it's finally over.


Booger Head has been boogery the last two weekends in a row. JUST when we started sleeping laying down...dang baby. He sounds awful. We had to break down and borrow a swing while we waited for Graco to figure out how to mail us a new one. I called, then I emailed, then I got a Twitter account just so I could gripe at them there (I hate Twitter...it's like living in text message), then I was FINALLY contacted. Then nothing. So I sent another email, twittered some more about how PO'd I was and then sent another nasty email. Two days later FedEx dropped a motor on my door step. And I haven't checked Twitter since then.


I took Booger Head in for his 4 month well check on Monday...sniff sniff. He really is my fattest baby. At a whopping 13lbs 14oz. I was a huge idiot and got there by 10 thinking that my appointment was at 10 and then I sat in the waiting room with Ralph and Booger Head for half an hour thinking "Seriously. What the crap? It's never taken this long before..." Yeah. 10:30 appointment. Nice Mom. Real nice.


Stinky decided that he doesn't believe in Santa Claus anymore. And started preaching to the other children about his new found unbelief. We made him stop shouting it from the roof tops but we still aren't sure how we're going to handle his unbelief as we approach the holiday season.


Ralph and I are still enjoying the semi quiet that exists around here without all the other monsters home all day long. We've come to realize, just since school started, that he doesn't perform for Dad and I. It's all for Stinky. I swear he's a totally different kid when he's alone. It's weird.


Dad NetFlix-ed PeeWee's playhouse (aka: Pervert's Playhouse). Oh. My. Gosh. That is hands down the dumbest thing my children have ever watched. It's gotta be right up there with Barney and Yo Gabba Gabba. I kid you not if one more disk of that crap shows up at my house in the next month Dad will lose his NetFlix queue privileges.


My good buddy Sami and I have started volunteering at the elementary school again. Making neat, organized piles of copies makes the crazy in me very happy. And happy crazy is better than an unhappy crazy any day.


The laundry and I made up for a minute but it refuses to stay done and I am tired of being the one doing all the work in this relationship. So we're back to ignoring each other.


And I tried to cut my thumb off with a mandolin slicer. Yeah. That finger guard they included? They weren't kidding and it's not just for show.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Oh, don't give up on twitter that quick. It's just as easy as facebook.