Monday, September 20, 2010

I Made It!

I love craft projects. Anyone who knows me will attest to this. Hobby Lobby is one of my favorite stores, as long as I don't have to go alone with the kids. I spend a lot of time poking around online gathering up ideas for stuff I want to make. Seriously, I have a folder full of bookmarks for stuff I want to try to do...after the kids are in bed I either need to eat chocolate or make something. And crafting has fewer calories than an entire bag of Dove squares... It's pure awesomeness to be in a house full of stuff you crafted.

After I finally finished a project I thought would be quick tonight, but ended up taking forever because Booger Head was totally uncooperative about letting me finish in one sitting, it occurred to me that I ought to link them up!

So here's my first installation of "I Made It!"


Inspiration came from HERE. The only thing I changed, because I have a tendency to do that when I am crafting, was the paper strip width. She says the paper strips are supposed to be 1/2 inch. I made one teeny one that way. I thought they were too skinny and it took about twenty strips to make a decent looking ball. So I made those two with 3/4 inch strips and was much happier with the end result.

Love, love, love them!

3 comments:

Sami said...

Those turned out so cute!!! You need to show me how you did it, so I can totally copy you. I don't think I have ANY Halloween decorations. Sad, right?

Unknown said...

Sounds like a project for tomorrow afternoon. :)

Jennifer said...

Those are adorable :D
Sami, I don't have any, either.