Friday, April 22, 2011
Mope
I nursed Booger Head for the last time this morning.
He's done.
Forever.
And it's very likely that I am too.
And while I am really glad to get to wear a decent bra and stay dressed all day long again, I'm sad.
And old.
I am no longer one of those young moms who are having babies.
I'm an old mom with four whiny kids.
I filled out the 11 month spot in his baby book last night, a week late.
Then I looked through all his pictures... from the hospital until yesterday.
Then I might have cried.
Dang baby.
To be honest, I'm no longer totally sure of my "doneness."
Dad thinks I'm nuts.
Four kids is a lot.
Five would be insane.
And we're already so tired.
And we just got a large chunk of our lives back from the last baby. Last month we went on our first date with out him. It was sort of amazing... sorry Booger Head. I missed you. Sort of. A really little bit.
But right now I just can't quite come to terms with being "done."
We're agreeing to revisit the issue in 7 months.
I was sure before. I sold things and gave away stuff.
Dang it.
I'm already so tired.
And old.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had no idea when I started this that it would end up so Emilisq in style. She must be rubbing off on me :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dang baby! Well, when you're trying to decide just make sure to remind yourself all the things we can do during the day once we don't have kids at home...
Plus, with your luck, you'd have another boy, and you'd have to move.
And I don't want you to move.
So there.
I can so relate...not sure when or IF I will ever be done...I jsut don't want to be the OLD mom that is done having kids :) Silly I know!
We would give back whatever we have of yours if it meant having another cute niece/nephew ;)
It's so hard isn't it? Joe decided for both of us and got snipped. I cried during the surgery. It just doesn't seem quite right, yet...I'm old and tired too, but still baby hungry. Dang cute kids.
Post a Comment