Good: Got the oil changed, they couldn't find any reason for it to be without oil either, and had the state inspection done...and it PASSED! The first time!
Ugly: The check after our hibachi and sushi (Dad, not me. Eww.) dinner was $40, AFTER a $25 restaurant.com gift card I got for free with my Swagbucks, which is a TERRIBLE search engine but hey, $25 off of dinner after only one month of using them is pretty cool. And it was nice to go somewhere fancier than our usual fare.
Bad: The burning electronics smell coming from the compy on Saturday afternoon. The power supply was toast, literally. Stoooopid compy. So now I am coming to you from the laptop, which is perched on the edge of the desk in front of the compy-which is serving as a monument to broken computers. The new power supply should be here in just a couple of days. It's surprising how fast we got used to being a two computer family...Dad and I are sort of addicted.
Good: Our afternoon at Six Flags. I was really worried about the rain, and the nursing in the rain and how Booger Head would handle it but he did great. It was humid but it didn't pour on us, and never got to be too hot really. And Six Flags has a cute little train car devoted to "lost parents" and baby care, complete with rocking chair for baby nursing and staffed by a cute little old lady and her bible. The kids had a ball with Sam and her crew, who have season passes and got us in for free. Thanks again for letting us tag along!
The crew, minus Booger Head.
Ugly: My stupid hair after being out in the 100% humidity all afternoon. I hate it's indecisiveness. Be curly or be straight but enough with this stupid frizz.
Bad: Booger Head is growing up way too fast. We fed him cereal last night...
Good: Booger Head is big enough for solid foods which means it is going to get to be a lot easier to leave the house with him.
Ugly: The diapers I know are now coming. Ugh.
Bad: I had to call and yell at a lot of people last week. The city, who claim that my bill was late even though it wasn't. And I know that it wasn't because I made Dad drop it off at 2am (after I remembered that we STILL hadn't dropped it off and it was due tomorrow) before we went to bed so that I wouldn't have to drag all the monsters over there and out of the car to go in the office to pay it. The insurance company, see below. Who called me the next day to tell me that it had been canceled even though it had already been billed and was now on it's way out. Way to go on the interoffice communication guys! And Dish Network. I just wanted to get a receiver that would record more than one thing at a time and wouldn't require me to sell a child or an appendage. Apparently that can't be done. I refuse to pay $200 for something and then pay a monthly "equipment fee" just for the privilege of owning it. And Scooter coped an attitude with me when I said. "I have a remote too. I'm not paying a fee for that yet." Watch it buddy, I don't need your crap.
Good: We arranged a babysitting swap with some friends who NEVER get to go out (sadness) and are going to trade kids once a month. It'll be nice to save some $$$ on babysitting. Dad and I have a bad habit of going out whether or not we can afford it. I can't help it, sometimes I have to get out of here. And sometimes I like to take Dad with me.
Ugly: My electric bill was dang near $300. Stupid weather. It's supposed to be beautiful this week. I opened windows and turned the air off this morning. Love it.
Bad: If I don't do the laundry today I'll be forced to go volunteer at the school tomorrow "without apparel." And I'm willing to bet they frown on that. And there are towels I had forgotten were in the washer...and they have been there for days and now need to be washed again. Which caused me to lose all my laundry doing momentum.
Good: The Amazing Race is back! Dad and I LOVE that show. He likes to think he would dominate and I like to imagine what a pain I would be and how much all of America would hate me by the time we were done. Which wouldn't take very long because I am whiny and he's not as young as he thinks he is, even if he is a genius. But seriously, that chick took a watermelon to the face last night! How are her eyes unblackened and her nose not broken?
Ugly: My house after two weeks of what feels like nightly baseball, tee-ball and cub scout meetings. It's bad. I am so looking forward to the season being over so I don't have to nurse on the sidelines in a camp chair EVER again and so that I have time to at least pretend I cleaned something up.
And just so we can end on a high note, one last Good: I don't have to go anywhere today. Which really doesn't happen to me very often anymore. Bring on the jammies, cuddling with Ralph during a movie and letting my eyelids win the battle. All while neglecting the laundry. It's gonna be a good day.
1 comment:
Aubrey when I read stuff like this it makes me miss you so much. You are so fun and I miss listening to how you deal with the ups and downs and funs and yucks of what we call life. Love you!
Post a Comment