Friday, September 17, 2010

Lessons Learned

If you learn something new everyday then it should stand to reason that you would learn at least seven new things each week...here's what I learned this week.

1. The reason they have such a hard time finding people who are interested in volunteering to coach T-ball is because they are so FREAKING UNORGANIZED! Seriously! Please hire a woman to keep track of all of this stuff. I am sure it can be done.

2. Stinky needs to have a cup if he is going to play catcher. Well excuuuuuse me. No one said that was a needed piece of equipment and how the crap was I supposed to know?

3. Stinky doesn't like playing catcher anymore. This is his first year of coach pitch and last night he had his first game. He was totally freaked out by how fast they were throwing the ball RIGHT AT HIM. He walked off the field after he got hit in the ankle. He was done. Perhaps later on in the season we can revisit that position but for now I think he should be out in the field.

4. I learned how to make the photocopier at the school punch holes in stuff. I was very relieved to find out that after an entire summer of being too tired to do anything I am still smarter than the copier. Nice, happy piles of organized copies.

5. Apparently I am a model of efficiency. (HA. I know, right?) Stinky's teacher seriously over estimated how long it would take me to copy the little pile she had. I was in and out of there in an hour. I have to be fast. I have four children. I don't get to take my time doing anything.

6. Taking a three year old to the ball park for four hours and expecting him to not run onto each and every field there at least once is like asking him not to think about elephants. Hey? Who is that short kid out there? @#$%! Where's Ralph?

7. There are people out there who are older than me who still think that High School was great. And I know a few of them.

3 comments:

Sami said...

I'm always amazed at how long the teachers think stuff should take too. I apparently have super powers since I was able to sort construction paper in less than 30 minutes. Watch out!
By the way...did you notice that you used Stinky's real name? Didn't think it was intentional...

Unknown said...

Thanks Sam. I am so tired.

Dad said...

1. Part of the disorganization is that I don't really have a clue what I'm doing. I bet it's easy once you can remember who your assistant coaches are.

2. I should have known, but I didn't realize he was going to be catcher until the game started.

3. I agree we should be moving him around the field more, but I hope we can teach him to like being catcher. Hopefully I can find some time eventually to practice with him.

4. You're a super-genius.

5. They should pay you to teach a photocopier mastery class to the teachers.

6. Love the line about the elephants.

7. I've still got great friends from high school, but I wouldn't want to relive the experience for a million bucks.