Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Confessional

I saw this over on Mammarazzi's page and followed the link and it just kept getting better and better and so I confess that I...

  • just talked Ralph into having PopTarts for lunch because I was too tired to make a sandwich.
  • have started nursing Booger Head laying down when I am at home, so I can nap for a few minutes.
  • didn't even ask the eye Dr. if Stinky could play in his last baseball game of the season, I just told him he wasn't going. Because I didn't want to go. But he was still miserably light sensitive on Thursday night, so I stand by the decision.
  • am seriously annoyed with people who send their kids trick or treating and then throw away the candy because it's unhealthy. Seriously. Get over yourself. Let them eat candy or keep them at home and feed them those annoying little boxes of raisins.
  • was a little bummed when the new security guard at Dad's work just let me right in yesterday afternoon. They've had a rash of car thefts at Dad's work recently and are screening everyone who is coming in. I was all set to argue with him that I was totally there to trade my minivan for something better and I brought my four children along for the crime. The family that steals together stays together.
  • am one of those people who throw away Halloween candy. But it's not what you think. I use it as a disciplinary tool. Last year when my kids laughed at me as I bagged up the toys they wouldn't clean up I changed tactics and started throwing away Halloween candy by the handful until it wasn't funny anymore. "How about now? It is still funny?"
  • plan on eating all the peanut butter cups myself. Chocolate tax.
  • sometimes sit in the shower and wait for Booger Head to stop crying and fall asleep before I get out.
  • was relieved when Pinky decided that she wanted to be a black cat instead of a cupcake for Halloween. Way less work for me.
  • ordered a book about a black cat rather than wait for her to pick a story book character to dress up as for school. Plus I'd rather buy a book than a second costume for the year.
  • thanked Stinky for going as Jack from the Magic Tree House books for school because it meant he could just go in his regular clothes. He was my favorite for the day.
  • was so proud of him for picking a clever costume for Trick or Treating in this year. There will be pictures...
  • hate that the school won't just let them dress up. They have to smart it up by making them pick someone from a book...makes it such a pain to pick a costume.
  • refuse to decorate the trunk of my car for the church party. I don't put Halloween decorations on the outside of my house, why on earth would I drive them around in my car? If you wanna complain about it feel free to walk right past my bowl of candy.
  • take off my jeans and go for the yoga pants as soon as I get home. Like I abandon Dad to get the kids and/or groceries out of the car and make a b-line for the closet.
  • started wearing the Yoga pants out of the house when I was pregnant with Booger Head and I still do sometimes. I know, I know...
  • watch The Vampire Diaries. And love it. 
  • don't put on make up or do my hair if I don't have to go anywhere that day.
  • have to take a shower before bed if I get all sweaty and smelly during the day. Otherwise I'll puke.
  • argued with the sewing machine for half an hour last night before I realized that the bobbin was not in fact in the bobbin case...
  • argued with it another few minutes before realizing that the thread also wasn't strung through any of the tension things, just threaded through the needle. Yeah. I may have been too tired for sewing. 
  • went to bed so late last night that when I got up this morning my hair was still wet from the shower I had to take before I could go to bed.  
  • don't really care if we don't carve the pumpkins at all this year. We haven't had time and it's a pain anyways. 
  • just discovered that the cowboy shirt Ralph needs for this year got put away dirty after Stinky wore it. Three years ago. Nice to know that we have always sucked and it's not a new thing.
  • need to go take a nap now.

1 comment:

Sami said...

My kids went to school as Junie B. Jones and Rowley from "Diary of a Wimpy Kid". Love that they didn't require any kind of crazy costume.
Of course, I'm a genius, and forgot to send books with them, so their teachers will probably have no idea that they're even dressed up, but oh well.