I've been sort of absentee blogging lately, I blame baseball. Thank heaven we are almost done...this is the last week and we won't be going to Stinky's game because he got a huge scratch on his cornea. Again. In his short 7 years he's done this three times, though never this bad. I'm debating making him wear a pair of these full time...the kid already wants to be a scientist when he grows up.
I picked him up early from school, with my little kids and Sam's little kids since it was our volunteering day, and took him to the eye Dr. as soon as they could get him in. As a side note I was THRILLED to discover that the eye doctor we see, that is literally 5 minutes from my house is covered on the stooopid new insurance we got this year! Hooray! So I didn't have to take him to the pediatrician 45 minutes away and it's good to know it'll be covered if I get another big nasty sty! Yay! Anyways, back to the story...
I left Pinky and Ralph at my house with Sam and all of her kids and took Booger Head and Stinky with me. Pinky had her last TBall game last night (Thank the heavens above!) so I left her uniform out and discussed having Sam's hubby Roon take Dad and Pinky to the ball park if needs be. (Sam is the greatest by the way...three cheers for Sam!)
I took him in and he was totally miserable and the gal tried to check his vision in the scratched eye but he couldn't open it without crying so his vision was 0. They got his eye all numbed up and we hurried through the exam, since the drops only last about twenty minutes. His vision had decreased a bit and the cut was more like a gouge and it was huge. She said it covered almost the entire pupil and was deep enough she was concerned that his eye may have been punctured. Luckily there didn't seem to be any fluid leaking from the scrape itself. She dialated his eye with some stuff that should last a few days, which will help with the spasming every time he opens it, and they put a bandage lens on his eye. It is just like a contact lens, he did really well for that, I was surprised...but he was still very numb at that point.
I made it home just in time to take Dad and Pinky to Tball and then headed to WalMart to get the boy some sunglasses to help keep the light out of it and to fill the prescription for antibiotic eye drops made of gold. OVER AN HOUR and $50 later we left the pharmacy. Don't get me started. There is no reason whatsoever it should take that long to put a sticker on a box. Morons.
He'll be home from school tomorrow so that I can put eye drops in his eye every hour all day long (sounds like fun, no?) and maybe Thursday too. He's really concerned about missing trick or treating but he should be at least okay by Friday night (church party) and able to go with Dad and the kids on Saturday night...at least I hope so or my late-night-candy-stealing pickings will be a bit thinner. :) Chocolate tax baby!
Now I just have to track down the child who poked him in the eye and ransom the $150 this is going to end up costing me out of his parents...haha, kidding. Mostly.

2 comments:
ugh...i need a nap just reading all of that. poor kiddo and poor you!
and i think i would want to track down the mama and get some money too, if i were the parent of the kid who poked my kid i would gladly pay up, to make it right!!
That's right, I'm awesome! Even though I mostly just sat on my butt...
I think next time Stinky might just scratch his eye on purpose. He looked pretty studly at the school in his new sunglasses today!
Post a Comment